Audience Engagement Specialist – New York Public Media
How do you grow audiences for Public Media content in the digital age?
At WNET, we are looking for creative, strategic thinkers who can use a range of marketing, social media and publicity tools to increase viewership of our award-winning national and local series on-air, online and on mobile and OTT devices.
Using a custom mix of earned media, organic and paid social media, influencer engagement and dynamic and engaging web content, the Audience Engagement team is delivering new audiences to a range of national PBS programming, including American Masters, Nature, Great Performances, and more.
If you’re a creative, meticulous PR or marketing professional with a minimum of 4 years of relevant, hands-on work experience, this may be your chance to take your career to new levels and deliver measurable results on behalf of a New York non-profit institution.
The Audience Engagement Specialist will take the lead in creating buzz and driving viewership and engagement with programs. You’ll work closely with production, social media, and interactive teams to set goals and KPIs; identify target audiences; create messaging; and plan, manage and support all engagement efforts. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work closely with producers and department leadership to define campaign goals, execute flawlessly and clearly communicate results;
- Identify, plan and oversee data-driven, creative, measurable social media, media and audience engagement activities;
- Conduct targeted media outreach to drive earned media coverage of upcoming projects;
- Write copy for e-newsletters, media outreach, web and social media assets as needed in support of priority projects;
- Identify and engage appropriate thought leaders and influencers to support campaign goals;
- Ensure alignment of series messaging in station fundraising and education materials;
- Cooperatively and productively work across departments to achieve shared goals;
- Twice a year, manage, plan and execute press conferences with high-profile talent and executives as part of the semiannual Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour (travel and overtime required).
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience along with a minimum of four years of experience in digital marketing, audience engagement and/or publicity with a proven track record of developing creative, strategic solutions to grow audiences or market share. Strong writing skills and a solid understanding of paid and organic social media, influencer engagement and media outreach and publicity is required. In addition, qualified candidates will have experience managing complex, multiplatform campaigns, have a working knowledge of Web and social analytics and SEO, and a demonstrated ability to write for a variety of platforms, including social media, blogs, and media pitches.
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work.