Senior Production Editor - Sasquatch Books
- Full Time
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 20343
Sasquatch Books is seeking Senior Production Editor to join their team.
The Senior Production Editor will work under the general direction of the Editorial Director while working independently to analyze manuscripts to ensure they meet contract requirements; to perform or direct editing as required; and to track and complete all editorial functions on projects as assigned.
Primary responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
* Handle assigned manuscripts/projects from the editorial review stage through production, including overseeing manuscript copyediting, coordinating design samples, tagging manuscripts for design.
* Review page proofs for accuracy, quality, consistency, and page makeup. Coordinates author/proofreader reviews of proofs (this may include in-house proofreading as schedule permits).
* Liaison with Director of Production to generate, administer, and update production schedules from manuscript acceptance to file sign-off and assign projects to relevant team members, ensuring projects stay on schedule adhering to all deadlines and devising solutions to ensure on-time delivery.
* Copyedits and proofreads cover copy.
* Negotiates and records editorial freelance costs to manage book-making expenses within budget.
* Liaison with authors; hiring and supervision of freelancers as necessary; collaboration with in-house acquisitions, designers, and production staff.
* Evaluate interdepartmental processes to identify solutions to streamline workflows and increase quality of production. Create and maintain process documentation for clear communication throughout book production workflow.
* Minimum two years' experience in a related position for a book publisher with national distribution and experience overseeing book-length projects in a production editorial capacity.
Minimum one year's supervisory experience managing freelance editors and
in-house staff. * One year of proofreading experience.
* Strong editorial skills (Chicago Manual of Style knowledge specifically, cookbook/children's/non-fiction knowledge preferred).Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.