B2B Marketing Specialist
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. We are currently seeking a B2B Marketing Specialist to join our team. As a B2B Marketing Specialist, you will have the opportunity to support our marketing team by managing the inbound leads from multiple channels including marketing campaigns to qualify them for ATD’s Sales function. This is a great entry level role to learn how to sort prospective client and member requests and inquiries directly to functions or individuals that can best address their interest in our organization.
The Marketing Specialist will help maintain efficient processes and operational protocols for inbound inquiries from prospective clients. They will then move to further qualify – via the phone, email, and other outreach methods– the prospect and provide professional development guidance to interested prospects.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of ATD’s products and services, and clearly articulate our capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Engage and maintain a steady flow of communication via phone calls, email, traditional mail and social media with leads to further qualify a lead or act as an advisor by providing professional/career development support
- Supports the demand generation funnel by bridging the connection between marketing leads and sales qualified leads
- Data accuracy and hygiene, scrubbing lists for unqualified leads
- Helping aggregate ATD engagement of leads to help Sales have a more meaningful conversation
- List Uploads
- Working with the Sales ops manager to optimize funnel flow - (MQLs → SQLs → Appointment)
- Use a consultative approach to identify needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Act as a liaison between business line owners to determine the next steps in a prospective customer's career journey
- Generate and promote attendance for specific marketing-related programs, events, webinars through direct outbound call campaigns
- Assist with managing prospect lists, help improve Salesforce administrative processes, managing and analyzing inbound lead volume by documenting and tracking inquiries
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Support the demand generation marketing efforts by furthering qualifying leads and identifying opportunities to help users flow through the funnel
- Responsible for marketing campaign follow up (website traffic, email campaigns, events, etc.) through inbound support and lead management activities; including extensive lead qualification through research
- Collaborate with enterprise solutions account managers to learn lead qualification criteria for each ATD offering. Includes: shadow phone conversations with enterprise solutions account managers and professional development specialists
- Document, track, and analyze prospective member request trends, issues with inbound process, request fulfillment metrics, and inbound volume patterns in order to improve lead generation process
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least one (1) year experience in customer service or sales prospecting environment, preferably in an academic or commercial training setting. Two (2) years related experience is preferred
- Strong work ethic; strong attention to detail; ability to work well with others
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- College degree in a related discipline
- Professional upbeat telephone voice, strong probing skills, and persistent attitude
- High technical aptitude, skilled in the use of MS Office applications
- Salesforce.com experience is preferred
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free). No phone calls please.
ATD is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Through exceptional learning and performance, we create a world that works better.