Multimedia Journalist WNB
The Cox Media Group Washington News Bureau is looking for an experienced, enterprising and self-motivated multi-media journalist who thrives in a hybrid role and enjoys doing it all. We’re looking for an off-air reporter/field producer that generates and turns original daily stories.
The perfect candidate will have experience working on or covering Capitol Hill, a thorough knowledge of the inner workings of the federal government and an investigative background. We want a hard news journalist with excellent writing skills and good instincts, who knows how to dig, uncover and tell a story.
The candidate needs to have a knack for organization, be able to shoot video and edit. We are all about LOCAL news out of Washington and how it impacts the nationwide markets we cover.
- Our team pursues original stories that our ten Cox TV stations and six News Talk radio stations won’t see or hear anywhere else.
- The candidate must be able to juggle many tasks and be willing to take on any role, work well under deadlines and with others, have impeccable editorial judgment, be able to help manage the day-to-day story output in the newsroom and coordinate with our multiple stations and seasoned reporters.
- Occasionally, the candidate may be asked to fill in as an on-air reporter and be able to juggle multiple custom packages, VO/SOT’s and radio hits with strong live reporting skills.
- TV reporting experience and a college degree are required. No beginners.
- Excellent people and organizational skills required.
- Applicant must be a team player in a small newsroom where employees wear a lot of hats.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-DC-Washington-400 North Capitol Street
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing