- Full Time
The Retail Editor will direct our coverage of the retail industry, from monitoring the beat and identifying stories for coverage to assigning and editing short and long-form stories. You will lead a small team of journalists, field pitches and edit stories, report and write stories, send out email newsletters and work on special projects. This position will report to a managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven editing, writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to lead a team of journalists and direct coverage to grow our audience and elevate the editorial product.
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories.
- Strong digital news knowledge as well as tuned-in instincts for news judgment, feature editing, headline writing, and more.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to edit and write stories on tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- 3-5 years experience in business journalism; a focus on the retail beat is preferable.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 clips.