Community and Public Affairs Specialist II
Responsible for implementing community relations and employee engagement activities to promote the company as the best place to work and do business in the communities we serve.
• Participates in activities that promote company visibility, build a strong company image and increase public awareness and consumer propensity to do business with Cox
• Maintains public affairs sponsorships and cultivates key relationships in the community to support revenue growth
• Administers the Cox Charities employee giving program, engaging employees through fundraising, grant making, special events and communication tactics
• Coordinates charitable giving initiatives and programs in Tulsa. Collaborates with boundary partners (Cox Business, Cox Media, Marketing, etc) to maximize marketing and sponsorship opportunities ultimately building brand image for Cox in Tulsa.
• Coordinates board engagement program for Cox leaders in Tulsa.
• Represents Cox through participation in in community, civic, and business organizations.
• Establishes, supports, and leverages positive company relationships to grow the business. Contributes to and supports communications plans for traditional print, digital and social media to promote and support Cox's community relations and educational activities
• Coordinates employee engagement opportunities activities
• Supports internal employee groups such as the diversity council, employee engagement teams, employee resource groups (ERGs) and other committees
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.), 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
• Demonstrated history of civic or community involvement
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a state-wide, cross-functional team
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high change environment
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, Communications, etc.)
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Layout and design experience; knowledge of programs such as Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Familiarity with Word Press
• Experience planning and executing events
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-11811 E. 51st Street South
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-07-16