Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Full Time
HMH is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Secondary Literacy Intervention Products. This role specializes in Literacy Intervention solutions, supporting Tier 2 and Tier 3 students with a focus on grades 4-12. This senior manager is responsible for providing a professional commitment to advancing the literacy growth and college and career readiness of struggling students. A leader by nature who enjoys collaboration, the Senior Product Marketing Manager, Secondary Literacy, exudes the daily energy and optimism needed to navigate today’s highly complex, challenging, and competitive Literacy Intervention market. The team member in this role supports the planning, presentation, and execution of all aspects of go-to-market strategies that capture market share for the Secondary Literacy Intervention portfolio, including the flagship READ 180 program and new programs in the product development pipeline.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager receives both operations and strategic direction from the team supervisor, and is a self-starter dedicated to partnering with and serving internal and external audiences (including but not limited to: Product Management & Strategy, Field Sales Marketing, Sales Leadership and Field Reps, Content Specialists Group, Sales, Market Intelligence, Finance, Services, Global Supply Chain, Core Humanities, the /agency and other departments within the marketing organization).
- Drive goals and support marketing strategy for major annual efforts, including literacy summits, events, and more.
- Collaborate on and create marketing and promotional plans, leveraging marketing and digital experience, for Literacy Intervention solutions based on launch strategy as identified by product segmentation and Sales/company goals.
- Support mentoring and growth of team marketing manager Implement plans in partnership with internal teams, monitor progress to existing marketing plans and communicates results as needed
- Work to connect marketing strategies to cross-discipline and cross-company programs, implementing cohesive and consistent messaging that enhances the Literacy Intervention message and products brand.
- Promote product lines around and at national exhibits in ways that drive customer engagement and generates leads for Sales.
- Implement strategic marketing communication tasks and projects. Represent Literacy Intervention products as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) when collaborating with or training cross-functional teams.
- Maintain strong, ongoing channels of communication with sales, marketing, product management and product development teams to ensure success.
- Act as a team player in problem-solving or opportunity situations, messaging solutions to Sales, Customers, and internal stakeholders as needed Maintain strong relationships with sales teams to ensure integrity in the sales process with the core message and positioning of assigned products.
- Use data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to gauge effectiveness of marketing plans and promotional campaigns.
- Continue to develop solid understandings of how districts adopt and buy Literacy Intervention programs, including customer purchasing behavior, their purchase criteria, including the influence of current Curriculum Frameworks and Standards, and how to concisely articulate criteria coverage that connects to our programs, while eliciting and maintaining customer interest in the program.
- Provide accurate and quick support for sales teams in order to drive revenue.
- Connects our brands with customers and drives business results by blending strategy, creative content, technology, and analysis.
- Analyze competitors’ programs to deliver winning sales strategies to the sales team.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of digital marketing, resourceful connections with educators, customers, and future customers.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS/BA in related discipline.
- 7+ years experience in marketing; or 5+ years in marketing plus experience working in education industry.
- Proven experience with marketing (traditional and digital), sales, editorial, consulting, or product management roles, creating and executing innovative marketing campaigns through multiple channels that drive demand.
- Proficient in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Social Media platforms. Digital community management a plus.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Team player focused on relationship building, self-starter, ability to pivot quickly; strong multitasking, passion for education; presentation skills Self-starter: takes initiative and ownership, meets deadlines, exhibits deep understanding of the pedagogy, needs, and challenges faced by the Literacy Intervention customer (students and educators), and is able to translate this understanding into customer-centric marketing strategies and deliverables.
- Independent thinker, creative, a problem solver who is flexible, solutions-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to persuasively present our Literacy Intervention programs to multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to balance the big picture and attention to detail. Collaborative skills – working across teams. Interpersonal skills – developing relationships with sales leaders and marketing colleagues.
- Excellent project management skills. Excellent writing skills.
Approximately 10 - 20% travel