Director of Communications
- Full Time
LUCKYRICE is an innovative experiential and content production company that shines a spotlight on Asian pop culture primarily through three current intersecting business units: producing culinary events across the US; creating unique content (including the national PBS series Lucky Chow, book publishing and digital content); and custom brand consulting. As an established company with a proven success record, we are seeking dreamers and doers to join our small yet enthusiastic team to bring LUCKYRICE to its next evolution.
We are seeking a communications professional to manage PR, promotional partnerships and brand messaging across the LUCKYRICE platform as we approach our 10th anniversary in 2019. The successful candidate will execute a media and promotional campaign to spotlight our first decade, a new event series and new product development as well as the launch of a new season of our national PBS series Lucky Chow. Working side by side with our Creative Director, s/he will be integrated into the creative process and business flow from the inside out. In addition, s/he will also manage appearances and press opportunities for the Founder Danielle Chang.
This is a brand new position to start immediately. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, full health benefits and flexible hours and generous paid time off. We are based in Chinatown, Manhattan.
- Day-to-day management of media relations for LUCKYRICE across platform (festivals, TV, personal PR for Founder, new product launches).
- Develop and execute on press outreach plan to secure high-profile, targeted media coverage not just within the culinary press but across broader thought-leader media outlets.
- Create press releases and post-event press recaps.
- Build upon pre-existing relationships with media and influencers, inherit pre-existing LUCKYRICE media supporters and cultivate new relationships.
- Work with event and marketing teams to drive local press geared towards Festival ticket sales
- Manage and cultivate brand opportunities for Founder through appearances, speaking engagements and targeted meetings with influencers.
- Working with production company, create and execute promotional media plan and screenings for Season 3 of Lucky Chow (PBS series debuting fall 2018) across the country.
- Attend LUCKYRICE events to manage media on-site
- Invite key media to events and cultivate broad-based media coverage that positions LUCKYRICE as a thought leader and innovator.
- Identify and submit LUCKYRICE and Lucky Chow for awards (i.e. James Beard Awards for cookbooks or Daytime Emmys for television series)
- Identify and secure promotional opportunities (i.e. speaking at industry conferences) and other paid appearances.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience at a PR agency and/or in-house
- Strong relationships with key media and influencers
- A master storyteller
- Cooperative attitude in working with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in an unconventional, ever-evolving entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of culinary industry
- Knowledge of Asian culture a strong plus