Sr Content Marketing Manager - K-12 Education
- Full Time
HMH is excited to fuel inbound marketing strategies with rich, meaningful content, highlighting best-in-class research, thought leadership, and innovation.
Is writing your passion? Are you a content marketing guru? As a Senior Content Marketing Manager on a new team, you’ll manage content and copywriting efforts across HMH’s K-12 business, creating and maintaining content marketing calendars, writing and editing the corporate blog and newsletter, conceptualizing high-priority efforts, and tracking performance metrics.
- Develops content marketing initiatives to support K-12 campaigns based on a deep understanding of audience, message, business objective, market research, and product positioning.
- Devises content marketing strategies across various channels like the HMH blog and social media accounts, presenting proposals across multiple channels.
- Collaborates with research, product marketing, and corporate communication teams to ensure that copy and content marketing plans complement marketing and research goals, hiring freelance writers when needed.
- Owns and maintains master content marketing schedules for both product and thought leadership-driven campaigns, including editorial calendar planning, logistical coordination, and production.
- Coordinates with Account Managers and the design team to facilitate the execution of content marketing pieces that require visual storytelling.
- Works alongside with the Account Planning and Digital Marketing team to set and track KPIs and reports out the effectiveness of efforts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 8+ years in content marketing strategy; an editorial or marketing communications background preferred
- Experience writing for digital media (education publishing industry preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication, writing & presentation skills
- Strong cross-functional, project management skills
- Creative thinker able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of content channels, as well as their associated audiences and platform limitations
- Well versed in all content types including, but not limited to: short-form social posts, long-form content marketing pieces, videos, and visual storytelling through graphics and photos