- Full Time
DR ADVERTISING is a boutique advertising agency created under the supervision of Tony® Award and Pulitzer Prize winning producer Daryl Roth dedicated to serving live entertainment in NY and on the road. Current productions: Gazillion Bubble Show; Gloria: A Life; Vitaly: An Evening of Wonders; Abingdon Theatre Company; Gingold Theatrical Group; Master Voices; and The Playwrights Realm. Past productions include: Buyer & Cellar (NY & National Tour); Clever Little Lies; Love, Loss, and What I Wore (NY & National Tour); My Name is Asher Lev; Shear Madness; The Wolves; The Woodsman; among others.
DR ADVERTISING is seeking a full time Creative Manager to join a fast-paced, NYC-based theatrical advertising agency. The ideal candidate will be an experienced graphic designer with a portfolio that reflects his/her expertise in creative design, digital as well as print. This individual will have a strong knowledge of design and can turnaround highly conceptual and polished creative deliverables, as well as ensure any piece of collateral meets the standard of a “style guide” created for a client. The Creative Manager will also require the skills to communicate and oversee other graphic designers working on a project.
- Serve as lead designer on a wide range of projects while also guiding junior staff.
- Design to creative strategies that enhance marketing campaigns, digital initiatives and communications.
- Articulate creative rationale through strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Follow processes to manage workload, project scheduling and tracking.
- Ability to develop creative that allow for a consistent brand experience across all deliverables, such as collateral, presentations, video, web content, traditional advertising, etc.
- Manage creative projects from concept to completion and ensure the translation of marketing objectives into dynamic creative strategies.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the clients’ brand style guides, and maintain their integrity in creative development.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with current graphic design software and tools, practices and procedures including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, and others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work and collaborate with a team
- Previous theatre experience and office experience is not required but preferred.
- Stay abreast of trends in design and technology to ensure creative solutions are relevant and reflective of client brands.
- Consistently raise the creative bar and design solutions that lift and evolve agency’s creative endeavors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree required (Fine Arts, Advertising, Exhibit Design or other related field) with a minimum of four (4) years proven experience in Sr. Designer or Art Director role.
- Some experience managing staff or small teams a plus.
- Must be able to work from Office: DR Advertising, 101 East 15th Street, NYC
- Office hours: M-F, 10am-6pm
To Apply Please Submit the Following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (PDF)
- Link to online Portfolio/PDF attachment of Portfolio highlights
Only complete applications including a Portfolio will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in working for DR Advertising. We look forward to hearing from you.