DR ADVERTISING is a boutique advertising agency created under the supervision of Tony® Award and Pulitzer Prize winning producer Daryl Roth dedicated to serving live entertainment in NY and on the road. Current productions: Gazillion Bubble Show; Gloria: A Life; Vitaly: An Evening of Wonders; Abingdon Theatre Company; Gingold Theatrical Group; Master Voices; and The Playwrights Realm. Past productions include: Buyer & Cellar (NY & National Tour); Clever Little Lies; Love, Loss, and What I Wore (NY & National Tour); My Name is Asher Lev; Shear Madness; The Wolves; The Woodsman; among others.
DR ADVERTISING is seeking a full time Creative Manager to join a fast-paced, NYC-based theatrical advertising agency. The ideal candidate will be an experienced graphic designer with a portfolio that reflects his/her expertise in creative design, digital as well as print. This individual will have a strong knowledge of design and can turnaround highly conceptual and polished creative deliverables, as well as ensure any piece of collateral meets the standard of a “style guide” created for a client. The Creative Manager will also require the skills to communicate and oversee other graphic designers working on a project.
- Serve as lead designer on a wide range of projects while also guiding junior staff.
- Design to creative strategies that enhance marketing campaigns, digital initiatives and communications.
- Articulate creative rationale through strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Follow processes to manage workload, project scheduling and tracking.
- Ability to develop creative that allow for a consistent brand experience across all deliverables, such as collateral, presentations, video, web content, traditional advertising, etc.
- Manage creative projects from concept to completion and ensure the translation of marketing objectives into dynamic creative strategies.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the clients’ brand style guides, and maintain their integrity in creative development.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with current graphic design software and tools, practices and procedures including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, and others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work and collaborate with a team
- Previous theatre experience and office experience is not required but preferred.
- Stay abreast of trends in design and technology to ensure creative solutions are relevant and reflective of client brands.
- Consistently raise the creative bar and design solutions that lift and evolve agency’s creative endeavors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree required (Fine Arts, Advertising, Exhibit Design or other related field) with a minimum of four (4) years proven experience in Sr. Designer or Art Director role.
- Some experience managing staff or small teams a plus.
- Must be able to work from Office: DR Advertising, 101 East 15th Street, NYC
- Office hours: M-F, 10am-6pm
To Apply Please Submit the Following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (PDF)
- Link to online Portfolio/PDF attachment of Portfolio highlights
Only complete applications including a Portfolio will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in working for DR Advertising. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Creative Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly