Marketing - Manager of Program Marketing, Arts & Ideas
- Full Time
The Manager of Program Marketing for Arts & Ideas is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. The position oversees marketing of the Lambert Center for Arts & Ideas. which includes the following areas: Performing Arts (Theater, Dance, Music), Conversations (moderated talks with notable individuals), Studio Arts, Culinary Arts, Live Podcasts (Unorthodox, Israel Story), the Laurie M. Tisch Gallery, and the New York Writers Workshop.
- Develop seasonal program marketing strategy, including detailed advertising plans and timelines for program areas/accounts in collaboration with program directors.
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts
- Oversee development of internal and external print and electronic marketing materials—including mailings, posters, and flyers; as well as print, radio, and digital advertising (email, web, Google Adwords)
- Work in close collaboration with internal design team and freelancer designers
- Oversee website content for program accounts
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Test new marketing concepts; identify and institute additional revenue streams
- Market special events and work with partner organizations
- Meticulously organized
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced setting
- Copywriting know-how and experience in editing, with the ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Sales acumen
- Fiscally minded, able to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities, and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Passion for and knowledge of the New York City Arts and Jewish Communities
- Out-of-the-box thinker and doer
- Sense of humor essential
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two years' post-collegiate experience specifically in marketing/ communications account management in an in-house and/or agency environment
PREFERRED START DATE:
August 6, with possible paid “prep” days in advance.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements