NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide.
The Video Editor will be a member of the Content and Creative team at NYC & Company, the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York.
The role of the Video Editor is to handle multiple areas of media post-production especially video-editing and motion graphics for the execution and delivery of effective, professional quality videos for presentations and promotional campaigns.
The Video Editor must be a good communicator and collaborator and should anticipate working with other editors and a media production team along with other departments and clients. They need to show attention to organization as required for working in a team environment. They need to show a strong attention to the details of their assignments and attention to technical details for delivery requirements. They will be expected to use knowledge of their particular expertise to help advise creative concepts, and executions.
- Execute video edits as assigned, with attention to the creative goals.
- Work on all stages of the video editing process from selects through final audio mix, color correct, and export.
- Execute motion-graphics animations.
- Export and deliver video files and handle technical details including formatting, encoding, troubleshooting transcoding issues, checking for visual and audio errors and inconsistencies, checking for and correcting for compliance with color, graphic, and audio requirements, including for broadcast.
- Ingesting and cataloging media assets.
- Keeping projects organized for work in a collaborative team environment, including archiving and cataloging deliverables and finished projects.
- 2–3 years of experience in video post-production and animation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient use of Premiere Pro, and After Effects. Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Enthusiasm for social media video executions.
- Minimum of a BA degree or similar level of education in a related field.
- Passion for New York City and a commitment to contributing to the City’s continued success.
Apply for Video Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly