Content SEO Strategist
This role is responsible for building and growing our organic traffic on timeout.com in North America.
The role requires the employee to design and execute plans to grow organic traffic for owned and operated properties in the region, working in close collaboration with Editorial and Commercial teams in each location. This role will also support the execution of the e-commerce and monetisation strategy across all devices and platforms.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is a seasoned SEO professional who has experience driving traffic growth working with editorial teams.
- Work with editorial, commercial and product teams to define target audiences.
- Analyze and translate quantitative data from web analytics tools into an actionable audience growth plan that aligns with Time Out’s content, product and commercial agenda and that will deliver engaged traffic and revenue; communicate plan to stakeholders.
- Work closely with editors to create new or adapt existing content that aids in the development of target audiences.
- Develop personas for key segments; communicate across organization.
- Apply and evangelize best practices to maximize engagement and ultimately traffic and revenue.
- Support global editorial calendar with SEO strategic guidance.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve SEO performance; communicate tactical and strategic recommendations to non-technical/non-analytical audiences.
- Help to improve relevant workflows through the analysis of existing business processes, identifying innovative alternatives and recommendations for more effective or efficient 'ways of working'.
- Provide regular reporting against forecast. Distribute audience growth and actionable performance insights across organization.
- Ad hoc projects supporting the growth and expansion of Time Out.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years SEO experience.
- Experience in web analytics tools, such as Omniture, Google Webmaster Console, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics/Insights, Webtrends and Web tagging/tracking techniques.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Experience working across a range of different stakeholders.
- A proven collaborator with experience working across multiple teams, in particular editorial ones.
- Excellent written, oral communication, project management and presentation skills.
- A problem solver who is keen to innovate in a fast moving industry.
- Experience in the media industry a strong plus