Digital Content Director and Managing Editor
The U.S. Chamber’s Strategic Communications team seeks a digital content director and managing editor to lead the Chamber’s overall content strategy, planning, coordination, and execution. Oversee the editorial direction and processes for social media channels and signature digital content platforms—USChamber.com’s Above the Fold and FreeEnterprise.com— generating timely and compelling content that engages and informs our key audiences and advances our mission and priorities.
· Develop and manage a proactive, holistic editorial calendar and content strategy that streamlines content workflows and increases efficiency;
· Contribute and edit content that advances the Chamber’s policy and nonpolicy goals, inserts the Chamber into the conversations that matter most, and builds an ever larger, more engaged audience of readers and social followers.
· Manage a team of internal writers, editors, and content specialists, as well as freelancers and agencies.
· Work with top executives and issue and policy experts to encourage and empower them to contribute content and participate in the social media arena.
· Broaden the Chamber’s capabilities and approach to digital content, identifying new types of content and new platforms through which the organization can engage key audiences.
· Identify the most appropriate KPIs for each content channel, monitoring and optimizing to improve performance against those metrics, with regular reporting and analytics updates.
· Work closely with communications division colleagues to stay current on the Chamber’s evolving priorities and objectives and effectively disseminate content to intended audiences through various tools and channels.
Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years’ related experience, ideally in an editorial or digital communications role in an advocacy environment or in journalism; strong leadership and management skills; superb writing, editing, and proofreading; an exceptionally creative, proactive, and entrepreneurial thinker; excellent organization and time management; an understanding of policy issues impacting business; experience in social and blog content strategy and web analytics; and the ability to thrive in a large organization and work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.