Feed Me TV Host
Newsday’s award-winning digital TV series, Feed Me TV, is seeking an on-camera host. Each 15-minute episode takes viewers inside Long Island’s food scene —trends, chefs and happening downtowns. We are looking for a journalist with personality – someone with a background in food/dining who can interview and describe what’s happening in a compelling manner with an ability to ad-lib on-camera. We want someone who not only loves to eat, but who is curious, engaging and enthusiastic about dining out. In addition to hosting duties, this person will also report and write stories for print and other digital Feed Me products stemming from Feed Me episodes. This person will serve as the brand’s social media voice.
Feed Me TV is available on Newsday’s website and mobile apps and streams on Roku TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Apple TV. The series is produced by the company’s Emmy-winning multimedia team in conjunction with reporters and editors who cover the Long Island food and restaurants.
- Present food and dining segments on air for the Long Island market in a way that connects with our audience and draws in new viewers.
- Collaborate with producers and other staffers to generate fresh show topics that are diverse and engaging.
- Scout, vet and prep locations ahead of shooting.
- Conduct on-air interviews with guests
- Script and voice stand-ups and voiceovers for each episode.
- Engage with readers and viewers on the Long Island food scene via social media.
- Write stories for print and digital products that tie into episodes.
- Promote the show, and Newsday in community and company events.
- 1-3 years of on-air experience with a demonstrated track record as an authoritative, energetic on-air host or personality.
- Solid editorial judgement.
- Relevant journalism experience with published stories.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Communications or Journalism degree preferred along with knowledge of Long Island’s food and dining scene.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and samples of your work, including a sizzle reel and finished work.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.