Indirect Account Manager Single Family and Multi Dwelling
- Full Time
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
As an Indirect Account Manager (Multi Dwelling Units and Single Family Dwellings) you will influence and collaborate directly with industry partners, including but not limited to property owners/managers/developers, realtors, and business owners to increase revenue generation, market penetration, and drive sales indirectly to the end consumer
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents.
Our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value, we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, generous benefits (to include healthcare day one and enhanced retirement benefits including 401(k) matching), and a best-in-class working environment.
We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Partners directly with MDU property manager/leasing staff to drive product penetration and revenue growth. Manages MDU accounts once agreement has been signed; focuses on implementation of the agreement to ensure its success. Ensures all sales quotas are achieved while maintaining quality customer service.
- Held accountable for successfully managing a portfolio of properties in assigned territory. Success is based on portfolio’s revenue and subscriber growth. Constantly assesses portfolio’s overall revenue and product performance and shifts approach, tactics and methods accordingly to ensure ongoing maximum results.
- Increases subscriber growth by designing and launching sales and marketing strategies at contracted communities (training property staff as appropriate) or neighborhood within assigned territory. Including, but not limited to sales events, competitions, and incentives.
- Partners with property management to launch properties, train of staff on CCI products and services, and coordinate on-site marketing and promotion efforts. Looks for opportunities to increase Cox Communications’ presence onsite. Maximizes Cox’s brand & image exposure in each community. Generates interest in Cox Communications services in community through marketing materials (i.e. posters, brochures, websites, etc.) or other means if the co-server has obtained exclusive marketing rights for all or specific services.
- Evaluates and drives the performance of current portfolio of properties on an ongoing basis (revenue, sales volume, etc.). Identifies underperforming properties and develops approaches to increase sales. Understands market demographics and tailors strategies appropriately based on data.
- Proactively identifies strategies and plans to address competitor activity in a very fluid, competitive market. Shares feedback and tactics to address competitive activities in territory. Remains current on competitor activities, pricing, and product offerings to highlight CCI’s competitive advantages.
- Ensures compliance to any and all relevant residential agreements/contracts, including but not limited to on-site staff training, on-boarding process, and on-going review of progress. Ensures terms of MDU agreements are met to promote the company’s interests.
- Serves as a community ambassador of Cox Communications that is recognized as a subject matter expert on MDU matters. Establishes a presence in the community through participation and leadership of relevant boards, groups, and committees. Develops and cultivates long term relationships with industry partners (i.e. property managers, HOAs, etc.) in order to maximize revenue growth and drive product penetrations.
- Partners interdepartmentally to maximize sales and drive penetrations in assigned territories (i.e. marketing, customer care, etc.). Works with marketing to develop local materials to be included in MDU’s materials.
- Manage complimentary account and leasing agent programs, ensuring that rewards are consistent with results, and that clear expectations are set.
- Partners with MDU Account Executives on the contract negotiation and renewal process. May participate in contract negotiations. May be partially responsible for smooth new build launches. Remains current on legal and operation requirements; completes all required and/or recommended training.
- Maintains the highest ethical sales practices and presents a professional image.
- Anticipates the MDU residents’ next need and provides opportunity, direction and feedback to local & ATL MDU team members.
- Identifies and shares globally any methods that yield desired results or possible sister system benefits and implementation.
- High School Diploma; GED or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of CRM tools, database tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, & SAS.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Adept at data analysis and interpretation to make data based decisions. Uses data to evaluate whether potential MDU agreements add value to the company and determine if further penetration is possible from existing agreements.
- Strong understanding of business acumen
- Strong sales and negotiation/strategic prudence.
- Maintains a global perspective by continuously protecting Cox’s best interests. Demonstrates ability to accurately advise company on opportunities and fiscally conservative strategies.
- Ability to identify market trends and communicate to Corporate.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-VA-Herndon-13900 Lincoln Park Drive
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-07-15