Associate Producer, CNBC Investigative Unit
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for working with Executive Producer, Senior Producers, Producers, and News Assistants to produce CNBC Business News programAssist with the coordination of elements for daily business programWrite copy for daily segmentsMust be resourceful and creative in helping to deliver the program’s message, including use of clips and graphicsFind background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories using a variety of sources such as the internet, newspapers and magazinesResearch segment ideas and segment information as directedAssist in the booking of guestsAssist producers with story production and pre-interviewsHelp oversee edits for taped projects
• BA degree in journalism or business; or an equivalent degree
• At least 2 years of television production experience
• Experience with independently developing own story ideas, conducting research, and planning show segments
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
• Exceptional editorial skills: ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Exemplary interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively across functions and levels
• Proactive thinker / self-starter
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines under pressure
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.