Senior Director Content Management - 50720BR
- Full Time
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Yale University is seeking a dynamic content leader who will transform and lead Yale’s content across its websites, social, apps, video, podcasts, and other distribution channels. The Content Manager will focus on ideating, directing and creating informed, creative content that drives active participation within social communities. This role will own the content creation process from briefing to creation to responding quickly to in-the-moment opportunities for relevant content.
Please include a letter of interest addressing the following:
- Describe your strategy for managing the content of Yale’s College, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and twelve professional schools in ways that will maximize social media engagement and earned media on any given day. We are particularly interested in ways that content engagement would enable Yale to maximize access to our research and its impact, while also communicating Yale’s mission of improving the world through interdisciplinary and innovative research and scholarship.
- Describe any experience you have had with maximizing content engagement and coordinating content across units. Please be specific with examples of your process and strategy.
- Describe the kinds of metrics and analytical tools you find most helpful in managing content.
- Describe your management style.
Please also include references.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and 5-10 years experience creating and managing a broad range of high quality content or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience managing digital content leaders and multiple teams including writers, video producers, social media teams, and other digital content creators. Proven ability to give feedback and develop staff & talent.
- Experience developing and pitching content for earned media and significant external audience engagement.
- Experience managing department operations, inclusive of strategy, staff, and budgets.
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously with keen attention to detail.
- Digital marketing experience.
- Content marketing and SEO experience.
- Deep understanding of the multichannel digital media landscape, its challenges, and opportunities for expansion and growth within higher education and general news and policy categories.
- Creative, insightful and collaborative leader who brings entrepreneurial energy that identifies existing and new communication opportunities.
- Excellent communicator and leader in all settings -- with your team, university administrators, faculty, staff, alumni, and students.
- Exceptionally strong writing and editing skills. Strong analytical skills and a proven strategic approach to content.
- Working knowledge of technology tools, including content management, digital asset management, and social media analytics.
- Preferred Education and Experience: The perfect candidate is organized, enthusiastic, has management experience and is comfortable working with team directors and writers/designers, as well as being able to roll up his or her sleeves and create content.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.