- Full Time
The Product Manager is a key position tasked with managing a product or well-defined group of products in line with the financial objectives, strategic direction and vision of the Business Unit. This position has responsibility for assigned products from concept to end of life.
The successful candidate must act as a general manager, leading high-performing cross functional teams. The individual must also reach across organizational silos to collaborate with other parts of the enterprise to most effectively leverage optimal technologies and sales channels.
This position requires strong analytical skills in order to rigorously evaluate product and/or solution features and perform trade-off analyses and the associated business case implications. Customer orientation is a key to success for the successful candidate. He/she must ensure that product decisions are grounded in robust insight into evolving customer needs, market conditions and usability tradeoffs.
- Full responsibility of product lifecycle
- Setting and leading the strategic direction of products or product groups
- Maintaining the product roadmap
- Leading analysis and maintaining a strong understanding of state business rules and regulations
- Leading development and implementation of product requirements and strategy with engineering and quality assurance
- Developing and executing product or solution lifecyle and asset management strategies
- Collaborating across business unit boundaries to utilize best available Cox Automotive-wide technology
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction for the assigned product or group of products
- Adhering to common architectural standard objectives set by the organization
- Responsible for ensuring product compliance with state regulations
Scope/Dimensions of Job:
- Reports to Sr Mgr Product Mangement. Regularly works with product marketing, strategy leads, engineering, and product managers from other business units. Interacts regularly with senior management.
3+ years of experience with highly engineered products / solutions in a Product Management, Product Marketing or Business Development role
Demonstrated experience extracting value from product teams, including facilitating rapid problem solving sessions
Experience in utilizing customer insights to drive product innovation
Experience in making product and solution tradeoffs to optimize customer value
Experience evaluating and distributing through multiple channels
Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-North Hills-3400 New Hyde Park Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing