Broadcast IT Engineer
- Full Time
This engineer will maintain Grass Valley Automation Systems, Master Control Automation and other in-house computer systems. Also AVID News Room Software, Bitcentral Newsroom Automation, Chyron Graphics, and Adobe Premiere editing software.
Inside the studio this engineer will participate in the normal maintenance activities that are required in a TV station, including switchers, cameras, computers, cabling, etc.
• The engineer should be able to manage and maintain various IT/Computer systems
• Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, applicable electrical, mechanical, structural and civil engineering methods important.
• Maintenance and repair of all technical equipment in studio and transmitter, satellite downlink and microwave transmission systems.
• Design and construction of new engineering projects as directed by Director of Engineering and Asst. Chief Engineer.
• Preparation and timely delivery of required logs, status information, and reports.
• Must be able to effectively present information and respond to question from managers, clients, customers and general public.
• Must have solid working knowledge of PCs, networks, routers, MS operating systems and application software such as Word and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in broadcast engineering, with at least 3 of those years in direct maintenance and operation of Grass Valley ITX and Master Control Automation systems.
• Experience in Sundance and or Ignite, Crispin, or Avid is preferable.
• Practical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction techniques helpful.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. safely
• Should be comfortable working on ladders and overhead
WHBQ Fox 13 is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.