NBCUniversal (NBCU) seeks an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to develop, produce, and disseminate a broad range of operational MIS and business analysis that will contribute to the creation and development of a measurement-centric culture across the NBCU Global Security organization through the use of myriad tools and data sources. In achieving this, the analyst will partner and collaborate on MIS with staff and leadership across all functions within the Global Security organization including Security, Investigations, and the Global Response Intelligence Center (GRIC). The analytical products developed will be used as decision-making collateral to drive improvements and to ensure an effective and efficient Global Security management posture. The individual will be directly involved in strategic efforts that leverage and incorporate the deployment and use of technology and software solutions to ensure quality and standards for information collection, processing, analysis, and the delivery of customized analytical products including reports, dashboard, and data visualization. The position requires the ability to turn difficult and evolving criteria/activity into structured business intelligence aimed at solutions which help to drive change and inform senior decision-makers up to and including the Global Chief Security Officer (GCSO). This position supports the development of strategic intelligence, analyzing expansive sets of data to identify risks and threats in order to produce risk mitigation and business improvement strategies.Responsibilities
- Implement tools, processes, and procedures to standardize, industrialize, and improve the business intelligence capabilities of the Global Security organization; driving the business from a disparate model heavily relying on manual processes and Excel spreadsheets to an enterprise leveraging more effective, efficient, and sustainable processes, tools, and techniques.
- Achieve a full understanding of applicable data ontologies and apply theory and methods to collect, organize, analyze, interpret, and summarize information through reports and visualizations to provide actionable intelligence and knowledge to decision makers.
- Engage with internal stakeholders and partners to develop innovative intelligence-based solutions to identify and mitigate risks.
- Produce analytical reports, briefings, and presentations for Senior Leadership.
- Liaison with a broad network of public/private sector partners on Corporate Security Business Intelligence issues to identify industry trends and implement best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information science/management, intelligence, or related quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience related to business intelligence, statistical analysis, and/or relevant experience in large, complex environments.
- Experience with and knowledge of a variety of Business Intelligence and visualization tools and platforms (IE. QlikView, Cognos, SAS, Tableau, etc…), including the selection, implementation, and use of the same.
- Ability to understand relational database structures and the ability to write Structured Query Language (SQL) and Python.
- Master's degree in quantitative field
- Previous experience in Law Enforcement/Corporate Security Operations or with technology services corporations is preferred.
- Proven ability to translate business questions/problems into queries that test theories through the use of advanced analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex data with a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint – and demonstrated creativity in the use of these products to solve problems and present findings.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, through all levels of the organization.
- Broad professional experience working as a part of a globally dispersed team is a plus.
- Established project management skills and experience. Ability to coordinate several projects and daily responsibilities concurrently.
- Experience in strategy and implementation of new database tools (IE. Archer) and technologies, and software tools for the development and improvement of an analytics and information management program.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in the areas, industry, and emerging trends of Corporate Security and/or Law Enforcement information management programs.
- Self-motivated operator with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced and dynamic setting.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.