Associate Producer, 112BK
Title: Associate Producer, 112BK
Program: Community Media, BRIC TV
Supervisor: Series Producer, 112BK
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position: The Associate Producer works as part of the BRIC TV production team, assisting with editorial, production and post production. The person in this job will chiefly work on our half-hour studio-based news and culture show, 112BK.
- Pitch, book, and produce segments on issues for and about Brooklyn
- Participate in team meetings to collaborate on content planning and strategy
- Support Series Producer with research, writing copy, fact checking, idea generation, outreach, social media, and any other duties and projects as assigned
- Edit show and prepare for cablecast and podcast
- Assist in packaging and distribution of digital content
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications/TV Production or a related field
- At least 3 years related production experience, including experience with studio and live production
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a team and communicate effectively about our show with potential guests in-person and over the phone
- Curious, persistent, strong interest in local politics and current events
Salary and Schedule
Full-time position with full benefits package. Some night and weekend work is required. Annual salary is $37,953. This is a full-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET.
How to Apply
Subject line: Associate Producer, BRIC TV. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.