Social Media Content Writer
Advantage Media Group has an exciting opportunity for a content writer. Advantage works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace. The mission for the Content Writer is to create engaging, targeted ghostwritten content on behalf of Advantage clients. The Content Writer will be responsible for creating content across all mediums and channels, and will be THE responsible party for ensuring the on time execution of the client editorial calendar as part of the client’s participation in our Authority Marketing System.
● Collaborates with Content Strategist to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives of financial, medical or entrepreneurial clients.
● Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
● Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with required brand voice, style and tone.
● Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
● Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned
● Develop engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience
● Proofread content for errors or additions and ensure that content is written per instructions
● Ensure that content contains sufficient keywords for search engine optimization
● Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
● Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
● This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
● Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
● Experience with medical, financial or entrepreneurial businesses a plus
Competencies (These are MUSTs):
● Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains a standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
● Creativity and Innovation - Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
● Flexibility/Adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
● Openness to criticism and ideas - Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism and negative feedback.
● Persuasion - Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
● Project management - Skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement and leads
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
● Experience with consistent professional content creation as a copywriter or journalist
● At least 3 years of marketing content creation experience
● 4-year college degree
● Experience with Wordpress, Google analytics, and the top social channels
Positions are is our Charleston, SC office. Team Members are eligible for benefits package after a 3 month review.
Advantage is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental program, 401K program with company contribution and other nice perks. We highly value and respect our Team Members.