Digital Marketing Strategist
- Full Time
Digital Marketing Strategists serve as the expert in developing and maximizing Institute Member’s digital marketing presence to promote their book and grow Authority in their industry, community or marketplace. Strategists are one of five Account Team members within the Authority Institute.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Marketing Strategist is to assess Members’ digital/interactive marketing profile, then architect and orchestrate a content-driven, trackable campaign to enhance their visibility - leading to audience engagement and, ultimately, leads. This individual will also be responsible for tracking and reporting results, and therefore needs to be fluent in digital analytics tools.
Digital Marketing Strategists need to be up-to-date on the latest trends in content and social media and what types of content resonate best in specific platforms. They also work with Members to best understand their “voice” to ensure the most effective delivery of messages. Strategists should also possess an understanding of social advertising campaign management and optimization.
Strategists will collaborate closely and call on other Account Team members (Project Manager, Social Media Manager, Content Writer and Account Manager) based on expertise and as needed.
- Design marketing strategies to help reach member goals; oversee content creation on behalf of up to 15 members.
- Grow the quantity and quality of followers for each client consistently each quarter. Track and report the total number of followers and engagement per member channel via the Authority Tracker to demonstrate the success of digital marketing efforts.
- Increase leads generated through online channels. Present monthly numbers that reflect the effectiveness of strategy based on downloads, form completions, shares and other relevant metrics.
- Ensure >95% of editorial calendar deadlines are met using original, outsourced or contributor content. Manage internal and external contributors to ensure timelines are met for e-newsletters, social media posts and other content channels.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest trends in content mediums, digital advertising, social media and is well-versed in search engine optimization.
- Designing digital marketing strategies and executional timelines to help reach Member goals including but not limited to, branding, targeted content marketing, SEO and digital advertising.
- Ensuring websites are optimized for SEO via keyword research and strategic content creation.
- Accurate and timely implementation of social media posts according to plan.
- Direct, implement and manage digital advertising campaigns including AdWords, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Serving as the Account Team expert as it relates to digital/interactive marketing.
- Growing the quantity and quality of social media followers for each Member based on established goals.
- Monitor and report SEO, web traffic, and results from other engagement offers.
- Demonstrating success each quarter through reporting effects of activities (followers, engagement, per channel, etc.) on the Authority Tracker.
- Compiling data across all platforms and creating reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development.
- Managing development of all content for websites, social media, other digital assets.
- Understanding of latest trends in social media, content mediums, digital advertising, search-engine optimization, etc.
- Working with Account Team members regularly to ensure collaboration, support and success.
- 3 years’ experience as a Digital Strategist, Social Media Manager, or the equivalent within a marketing/digital agency.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with SEO, SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software.
- Proven experience implementing and managing digital advertising campaigns.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve
- Flexible and resourceful
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Bachelor of Arts degree or higher
- Experience working within digital/related media (FaceBook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, HootSuite, Optimization, Google AdWords, MailChimp)
- Experience planning/mapping websites
- Experience with G-Suite and Mac Office environments
Advantage | ForbesBooks is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental program, 401(k) with company contribution and other nice perks. Advantage has a solid reputation for being a great place to work and we highly value the commitment and contribution of those on our team.
Position is in our Charleston, SC office. Team Members are eligible for benefits package after a 3-month review.