Social Media Strategist
Advantage Media Group has an exciting opportunity for a content strategist with expertise and experience in content strategy and social media. Advantage works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The mission for the Social Media Strategist is to launch content driven, trackable marketing campaigns. The Social Media Strategist is responsible for editing and posting content across social media and owned personal websites. The Social Media Strategist will track and report weekly deliverables and highlight strong engagement results to C-level clients.
The ideal Social Media Strategist is up-to-date on the latest trends in content mediums and social media. Bringing a wide breadth of knowledge across social channels, the Social Media Strategist is THE expert on what types of content resonate with audiences on specific platforms. The Social Media Strategist owns the success of the online campaigns, transforming the copy into actionable steps that increase followers, subscribers and ultimately leads for clients.
- Demonstrates strategic insight to develop long term content execution plans from client’s stated business objectives and implement those plans
- Possesses understanding of Social advertising campaign management and optimization with organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of campaign
- Monitors the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance
- Compile data across all content platforms and create weekly/monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization
- Displays understanding of business concepts and client objectives in order to identify campaign expansion opportunities
- Possesses well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines.
- Competency in creating social media content across multiple platforms for effective engagements and development of thought leadership
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of search engine optimization techniques for content impact and growth in rankings
- Experience with medical, financial or entrepreneurial businesses a plus
Competencies (These are MUSTs):
- Excellent communication skills. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains a standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Creativity and Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with consistent professional content creation as a copywriter or journalist
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a strategist in a creative agency or digital agency environment
- 4-year college degree
Position is in our Charleston, SC office. Team Members are eligible for benefits package after a 3 month review.
Advantage is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental program, 401(k) program with company contribution and other nice perks. We highly value and respect our Team Members.