Web and Communications Coordinator
- Full Time
Gonzaga College High School invites applicants for a full-time Web & Communications Coordinator position. Located in Washington, DC, and founded in 1821, Gonzaga is a Jesuit college preparatory school for young men in grades 9-12; we offer a values-oriented and academically challenging curriculum to students of diverse backgrounds from all over the Washington area.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Web and Communications Coordinator will be a member of the school’s Marketing and Communications Office, whose goal is to support and advance the mission of Gonzaga through strategic internal and external communications and marketing.
The ideal candidate will be an adept multi-tasker with a high attention to detail, a passion for story-telling through different forms of media, and the ability to implement new communications tools, platforms, and software programs. We seek someone who has experience in multiple aspects of communication, and is a fast learner, creative, and full of ideas.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing, editing and maintaining written and visual content for the school website (Blackbaud OnMessage) and other communications channels;
- Creating and maintaining functional pages on the school website and other online platforms that facilitate donations, payment processing, event registration, and other forms of data and revenue collection;
- Supporting the consolidation and streamlining of multiple external websites and communications channels, actively providing technical support and outreach to various Gonzaga stakeholders to meet their communications needs;
- Supporting communications of multiple administrative offices including Advancement, Admissions, Athletics, Headmaster, and other offices within the school via social media, the school website, and other communication channels;
- Writing, editing, and proofreading online and print materials, including online news stories, magazine articles and class notes, web content, social media content, admissions materials, and development materials;
- Supporting the creation of written proposals and stewardship reports, as well as the creation and implementation of digital fundraising campaigns, strategies, and platforms, (using Blackbaud products, GiveCampus, and other platforms);
- Basic design for postcards, flyers, brochures, programs, handbooks, ads, proposals, etc. (InDesign), as well as working with outside vendors such as printers, freelance designers, photographers, and videographers on the creation of communication materials;
- Editing photography for school, alumni, and development events (Photoshop) for social media, print publications, and the web;
- Office administration including processing invoices, maintaining records, responding to communications-related inquiries, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 - 4 years work experience in communications, journalism, marketing, social media, or related area
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of social media, websites, and publication / design platforms and software
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Solid writing and proof-reading skills
- Experience using Word, Excel, Google Suite, Adobe Suite (including Photoshop & InDesign), web CMS and multiple social media platforms. Experience using Blackbaud products including OnMessage, OnCampus, and Online Express not required but a plus.
- 40 hours per week plus occasional evening and weekend work
Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively – verbally, in writing, and visually
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to organize workflow to manage multiple tasks at one time and prioritize accordingly
- The ability to work both cooperatively as part of a team and independently
- A collaborative and collegial working style: must be a team player, with a positive, enthusiastic, proactive approach, exemplifying Gonzaga’s core values and mission
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with the position title in the subject line.