Audience and Social Media Lead
We're looking for a social media/audience lead who can work with a growing community to develop our voice, build engagement and create a vision for growth.
WHAT IS IT? Pigeon (https://www.facebook.com/pigeoncorps) is a social network powered by a chat bot. The goal is to create a community where the best content rises to the top through social voting. If you're familiar with Reddit, then you'll understand Pigeon. Try playing with the bot here https://m.me/PigeonCorps (Must be logged into Facebook Messenger)
WHO ARE YOU?
- You understand internet culture
- You understand how to grow audience, build community and construct a voice.
- You know how to switch from serious to irreverent and understand that timing and context is everything in making that switch.
- You understand how information spreads on different social platforms and how content and tone should be tailored for each. - You're ready to jump into something early stage and wear many hats.
DAILY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the web - the word "Subreddits" doesn't sound like a kind of sandwich.
- Ready to write and tailor your voice to different audience profiles.
- Ability to make decisions based on data and analytics.
- Mastery of tools like Crowdtangle or Newswhip to see what is trending and understand why.
- Quick thinking and multitasking between the distribution of content and social interactions, thinking of strategies to grow audience and providing feedback/tips to other members of the team.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
The Pigeon social/audience lead is ready for a challenge. You'll be joining something in the early stages, which means you can help shape it! You have to be ready to experiment and at the same time, have an eye for detail. You will set the strategies and tactics for attracting audience. All of this will involve rolling up sleeves. But we believe the product and people will make it fun and the challenge will be an occasion to rise to.
Most of all: the Pigeon social/audience lead should be ready to learn and teach along the way. We want you to grow professionally and personally while pushing the boundaries of engagement with our audience.
Want to learn more about Pigeon? Read: https://medium.com/@AlphaGroupNYC/a-different-kind-of-community-bot-a04967e0512
Don't stop now, the application process is easy, see for yourself!