Deputy Editor, Digital Visuals
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal Opinion section is looking for an experienced digital designer and visual editor to expand the section’s digital visual presentation in collaboration with the print design team as a Deputy Art Director. We are looking for someone with a strong vision to create experiences to elevate our rich reporting and analysis across all digital platforms. The ideal candidate has a keen visual instinct, deep digital experience, ability to brainstorm and communicate ideas effectively, excels on a deadline, and is always open to change, feedback and shifts in the news.
The right candidate will have experience with print design as well as digital presentations, advanced data visualization and infographics skills. She or he will have experience collaborating with a range of diverse reporting, visual, data and graphics talent in a global newsroom setting.
- Additional requirements include:
- Proven ability to translate abstract topics into an engaging visual presentation in digital and print
- Experience producing content for a sophisticated audience
- At least 5 years working in design
- Minimum (two) years in a newsroom working with editorial staff and content under daily deadline pressures
- Background in managing and hiring a team of design, graphics and other visual talent
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Deep connection to the visual media industry, including with photographers and illustrators
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- At ease working in a CMS, e.g., Wordpress
- Interest in and understanding of financial and political world
- Familiarity with EidosMedia’s Methode publishing system a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: EDITORIAL
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).