US Health Reporter
- Full Time
DailyMail.com is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Health Reporter to join its expanding US operation.
Applicants must have previous journalism experience and a track record of working in a fast-paced, 24-hour digital news environment. The ideal candidate will be excited to get stuck into all aspects of medical news - from CDC reports and medical journals to real life stories and wellness trends – to produce original, punchy, and well-researched material. The ability to deliver clean, vibrant copy while working to tight deadlines is crucial, as is a passion for the DailyMail.com product. The job will involve a combination of assigned stories and pitched original work.
The position is office-based.
Other key requirements include:
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field is preferred
* 3+ years’ newspaper, magazine, news website or health publication experience desirable
* Self-starter able to generate own stories, with a keen eye for content
* Contacts in the field is desired, or the urge to build them up
* Natural inclination to research, ask questions and push for answers
* Passion for the DailyMail.com brand, its editorial voice and global audience
Full time staff benefits include dental, health and 401K