Digital Media Intern
ABOUT LAPLACA COHEN
For over 25 years, LaPlaca Cohen has helped many of the world’s leading cultural and creative organizations build powerful connections and achieve greater impact through strategy, branding, design, and advertising solutions. We have been privileged to work with an unrivalled roster of leading museums, performing arts organizations, architecture firms, universities, orchestras, dance companies, botanical gardens, and foundations.
LaPlaca Cohen is looking for a Digital Media Intern to be a member of a small Media team, a creative, rigorous, and nimble group that is dedicated to developing powerful, cutting-edge, media, marketing, and audience development strategies. The ideal candidate for this role is an innovative and strategic thinker who will help our clients maximize their impact through the set-up, management, reporting and optimization process of paid social and paid search campaigns, but also assisting with programmatic and overall display advertising efforts.
The Digital Media Intern will work with and be mentored by the Digital Media Analyst and the Media team. She/he will report on and make recommendations for digital media campaigns based on our client’s historical marketing data leveraging the power of digital analytics. They should combine big picture thinking - such as understanding the client’s goals, metrics, audiences, and future opportunities - with an acute attention to detail and ability to manage deadlines.
· Assist with ongoing paid search and paid social campaigns, track performance, and continually optimize to client’s KPIs.
· Prepare and present regular “scorecards” and executive summaries of digital media campaigns including brand awareness and revenue results, overall analytics, web user trends, and recommendations to clients on a regular basis.
· Assist defining marketing campaign KPIs and tracking the effects of online media efforts to provide strategic recommendations on how to optimize marketing and media initiatives.
· Online research initiatives (i.e. advertising automation tools, updates to Facebook/Google AdWords, ad formats/creative trends, Google Data Studio dashboards for reporting, A/B testing methodologies, etc.) to better understand current and future audiences.
· Develop and maintain audience profiles for each client, based on digital analytics and customer research.
· Assist with the management of 3rd party tags and tracking pixels.
· Participate in client- and firm-led audience research studies, and segmentation analyses.
· Assist keeping the agency current on the latest trends in media, digital, social, etc. Presenting these opportunities and strategies within the company and to the clients is a big plus.
· At least 1 year of experience in digital media campaign creation, management and reporting (preferably in the cultural and/or entertainment worlds).
· Working knowledge of: Facebook’s Business Manager, promoted posts, custom audiences, and other forms of paid advertising on social; Google AdWords (search and display), account structure, segmentation,campaign setup and other forms of SEM; Google Analytics and ability to extract actionable insights from raw data.
· Understanding of the process of tracking and generating/implementing marketing tags.
· Working knowledge of one or more is a big plus: SEO, programmatic, Google Tag Manager and/or Google Data Studio.
· Exceptional research, communication, problem-solving, presentation, and writing skills. Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and collaboratively.Demonstrated dedication to and passion for the cultural and creative world.
· Proficiency in Excel, Keynote, and PowerPoint is a plus.
· August or September 2018 start date.