PR Account Manager - Boutique Agency for designers and creatives
We have an opening for a public relations professional who wants to take his or her game to a new level, with the chance to grow along with the company. You’ll manage several accounts in the architecture and design fields, developing creative communications plans that showcase our clients’ expertise and artistry. You’ll oversee the production of press materials and story pitches, and diligently pursue editorial placements with a mix of selectivity and gusto. You'll also provide mentorship to other members of the team, develop strong client relationships, and participate in new business efforts.
At our SoHo office, you’ll find colleagues who are whip-smart, motivated (even on Mondays), and have a tendency to break into repartee. While you’ll take the lead for the day-to-day account maintenance, we work in a collaborative mode, sharing our ideas and skills as needed.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Hausman LLC is an integrated communications firm that specializes in marketing and public relations for large and mid-sized architecture, engineering, and construction firms from around the world.
- Develops and implements action plans for clients within budget parameters
- Leads strategic communications planning sessions with clients
- Organizes, manages and conducts client meetings and conference calls; sets the agenda
- Oversees the development of key messages and content consistent with each client’s brand
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with editors and media contacts; schedules desksides, interviews, etc.
- Develops and/or oversees the development of press materials: press releases, fact sheets, project descriptions, pitches to the press, press kit materials, press lists etc., to create favorable coverage, incorporating clients' key messages
- Follows up press releases and media inquiries for coverage; sends requested material to the media
- Reviews editorial calendars on a regular basis for possible coverage
- Monitors coverage to ensure that public relations program is meeting clients’ target audiences; includes clients’ brand messaging; and raises awareness of clients’ projects and expertise in key markets
- Takes professional development classes to stay current with marketing and public relations trends
- Ensures that client activities are completed within budget requirements
- Solves customer problems by managing internal and external resources
If you have a bachelor’s degree, at least five to ten years of professional experience, and a proven track record with garnering print, online, and broadcast coverage for clients, please send the following if you would like to be considered for this position: an original cover letter, a resume, and your salary requirements. No calls, please. Experience in PR or a related field is required.