Assistant Events Director
Ast. Director, Events US
Be part of the team responsible for producing first class live events for Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal and DJMG. The Dow Jones events team produce well over 250 events a year (globally) of all shapes, sizes and formats, bringing our brands to life for our members, our clients and our colleagues. At the heart of it all is live journalism, connecting our audiences with newsmakers and big ideas, via ambitious experiences.
As a senior member of the team, the Ast. Director, Events will be responsible for working closely with the VP of Events (and Event Director/s), to lead a team and the planning and execution of all elements required to produce high quality member and client focused events within the US. This role will be a key contributor to the strategy, design and development of relevant events and experiences for Dow Jones brands and for clients, whilst also identifying and supporting scalable and repeatable event solutions and ways of working.
The Ast. Director, Events US will support the VP of Events (and Event Director/s), or lead, in the planning and on-site event execution while working closely with other teams and harnessing successful working relationships with internal creative, marketing, programming and sales teams. This role will contribute to the day-to-day management of partners and vendors to ensure that projects are on track and to brief. The Ast director’s level of responsibility and involvement will fluctuate according to the scale of the event and in discussion with the VP of Events (and Event Director/s).
- Identify appropriate lead for events – be a consult for your team or overall event lead/site manager at each assigned event - including guidance and direction of both Dow Jones team and external vendors, ensuring that we have the right team for the event.
- Plan, manage and execute all logistical or design requirements for the event within budget
- Play a key role in identifying and selecting venues and partners taking a strategic approach as you make recommendations and decisions
- Act as the day to day point of contact for internal and external partners on assigned events, ensuring in-depth knowledge of the event, brand and industry
- Create and maintain key event documents including event design and show look, ROS and production schedules, and event debriefs – enjoy, embrace and champion ‘attention to detail!’
- Contribute/recommend on-going improvement for on site efforts for both attendee and sponsor experiences, and keep abreast of industry trends and developments
- Strong knowledge of new, unique and cutting edge venues, event technology and event design, and inclination/ability to make recommendations and explore new opportunities to present to team
- Become a trusted partner and expert for other teams and respective business units
- Lead by example - excellence in execution, team work, and communication
- Build and lead a team
- Excellent onsite presence, briefings and management to ensure that the onsite team is always maximized, and that team spirit is high
- Experience in successfully leading, motivating and inspiring a team onsite, and mentoring and guiding team members through all planning
- Excellent relationship management for internal stakeholders, members and clients
- Detail orientated with a strong understanding and knowledge of brand, product and client/event history
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple events of varying scale and scope simultaneously and experience of managing complex budgets ($250k+)
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and think on feet
- Solutions orientated approach
- BA/BS degree required
- 7+ years experience in event production, marketing, budget management and planning and executing a variety of high-quality events
- Meeting Planner (CMP) credentials a plus
- Candidate must be flexible with traveling to multiple events within a year.
- Clear, consistent and transparent communication
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: SOLUTIONS ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com