Manager, Membership Relations (I&R)
The Manager on the Membership Relations/Investment & Relations (I&R) team is responsible for a portfolio of sales opportunities and membership relations at the IAB for a set list of members and prospects. This individual will be responsible for engaging with the members on their list, eliciting their involvement, and renewing their membership. In addition, this individual will carry revenue goals for those membership dues, sponsorship commitments, investment in the Centers of Excellence, and Training/Certification commitments. This individual is the member’s day-to-day resource for all things IAB and equally is the IAB’s point person for knowing what is happening at the member company. The Manager reports to the Senior Director of the I&R team.
This individual will be expected to visit members frequently, to have a deep, multi-faceted relationship with their assigned members, and be able to facilitate meetings for involvement in the IAB beyond just those with revenue goals attached (such as public policy, iDiverse initiative, etc.).
Responsibilities for the members on this individual’s list include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing a strategy for engaging IAB members, including regular member correspondence and engagement calls to prompt optimal involvement
- Selling members on appropriate sponsorship opportunities
- Selling members on appropriate Center of Excellence Board seats or other commitments
- Selling members on Training and Certification Programs
- Managing all aspects of membership sales, including maintaining a pipeline of inbound leads, and executing a sales strategy against that pipeline
- Conducting sales calls and executing successful conversions from prospect to IAB member
- Leading the onboarding process for all new IAB members to ensure they are made aware of all opportunities to engage in IAB initiatives
- Responsible for all aspects of membership CRM database; boosting data integrity and track member engagement metrics
- Overseeing the distribution and use of member engagement data to other staff and Members
- Support the department on all aspects of dues invoicing and collection
- Keep abreast of industry development and member movement via industry trades, Committees and Councils, conferences, etc. to follow industry trends and company and member moves
- Serve as primary staff contact for all membership issues or questions
Requirements and qualifications:
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in sales, account management or membership roles
- Experience engaging with teams cross-functionally and can work horizontally and vertically within the executive suite of a member company
- Experience selling revenue-driving packages across multiple offerings
- Ability to articulate the value of appropriate IAB products and services in an effective manner
- Excellent presentation skills and enjoyment in working with clients
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using a CRM system (Salesforce a plus) to track sales opportunities
- Passionate about how the digital marketplace works, can deeply understand a member’s market strategy, is able to articulate the value of appropriate IAB products and services in an effective manner
Please send your resume and salary requirements to be considered.
IAB is an equal employment opportunity employer in accordance with federal, state, and local law. This position requires the final candidate t successfully pass an E-Verify check.
About Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It is comprised of more than 650 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns. Together, they account for 86 percent of online advertising in the United States. Working with its member companies, the IAB develops technical standards and best practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. The organization is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills, expertise, and diversity of the workforce across the industry. Through the work of its public policy office in Washington, D.C., the IAB advocates for its members and promotes the value of the interactive advertising industry to legislators and policymakers. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City and has a West Coast office in San Francisco.