- Full Time
Are you looking for a job where you make a difference on a daily basis? Do you have a passion for writing and enjoy helping people? Do you want to sharpen your marketing writing skills as you earn while part of a world-class team?
Your Edge for Success YES LLC is looking for you! Our woman-owned business needs a full-time, in-house resume writer to join our team as a direct result of growth. YES provides comprehensive, personalized services to help make people's dreams come true. Our exceptional team is the reason YES is DC metro’s top-rated writing and career coaching company on every review site (Yelp, Angie’s List, Google, and the Better Business Bureau).
- (10%)Work with clients via Internet or phone to come up with additional quantified accomplishments and other details to include on resume (after they have filled out an extensive form).
- (10%) Identify and incorporate keywords from job listings for which they will apply.
- (70%) Draft resumes (both regular and federal), cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles for assigned clients in all career fields.
- (Always) Follow YES templates and instructions precisely.
- (5%) Edit resumes and cover letters as assigned.
- (5%) Help answer the phones.
- You will be trained, mentored, and supervised by award-winning writer Katherine Metres Akbar.
- You will work closely with our full-time editor.
- You will not supervise anyone.
- You can be promoted to senior writer in the future when we need a second full-time writer.
- This is an entry-level position. While a variety of professional and student newspaper writing experience is highly desirable, we are not setting any experience requirement.
- Stellar writing and editing skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Professional interpersonal communication skills and coachability
- Top organizational skills and reliability
- Strong knowledge of MS Word
- Willingness to commute to our Alexandria, VA office, which is accessible by car and bus
- Willingness to commit to working with us for at least one year
- Experienced in crafting resumes and cover letters that get interviews
- Strong understanding of different occupations, especially information technology
- Familiarity with the Washington-area employment scene (government, government contracting, nonprofits, lobbying, associations, etc.)
- You will be part of a small, family-run business that is, in the words of a recent employee, “very rewarding” to work in.
- You will have a role of key importance.
- You will make a difference in people’s lives every day and feel amazing when you help us earn a five-star review from a grateful client who got a job with your help.
- You will become a world-class writer with constant practice, training, and feedback.
- We have our own public speaking club in which we get to practice and learn more about each other.
- We enjoy quarterly team-building outings, such as nature picnics, Escape Room adventures, and your choice.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please see our website, yeswriting.com, for more information about the company. No calls, please.
- Submit resume and cover letter addressed to Ms. Katherine Akbar, president of Your Edge for Success YES LLC.
Your Edge for Success YES LLC values inclusion and welcomes applications by diverse candidates to join our team, which currently includes staff with roots in Africa, East and West Asia, and Europe, not to mention a very sweet beagle.