Footwear News: Senior Designer
6 days left
- Full Time
Footwear News—the industry bible that has covered the footwear industry for over 70 years—is seeking a Senior Designer for its Editorial Department as a part of a two-person team with the full creative support of a large digital media company. This is an exciting opportunity to wear multiple hats, to collaborate in the design process, to move your design skills forward. There will be grunt work but with the added design opportunities not normally available within fashion magazines. We are seeking a strong contributor, minimum 2 years’ experience in magazine editorial design.
The ideal candidate will possess a high level of design sophistication, from concept through execution, and a strong eye for photography and superb typography skills. The candidate will assist in planning compelling in-print and digital visual story telling, as well as prepare files for shipping each week.
- The right applicant should have at least two years of experience at a consumer magazine or other print publication
- The ideal candidate is a hands-on magazine and web designer, who is equally adept at both print and digital platforms (web and mobile)
- Maintains a robust network of photographers, illustrators and infographics specialists
- Excellent communication skills and knows how to talk through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Works well both independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Excels at working with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, K4, WordPress, and other major publishing software
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the publication of record for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.