Senior Wellness Editor
- Full Time
Senior Wellness Editor
mindbodygreen is looking for a talented senior wellness editor to own sections of mbg’s wellness content and write for the site daily. The ideal candidate will be a web-savvy writer and a sharp editor, have strong organizational skills, and be able to come up with innovative, engaging story ideas in a fast-paced environment. They will have their finger on the pulse of the exciting people and developments in the wellness world, have contacts and experience producing content in the wellness world, and be comfortable sorting through medical studies and jargon. Most of all, they will love all things wellness.
- Own beats, and be able to write clean, compelling copy quickly across all categories mbg covers
- Have a strong POV in the areas of wellness mbg covers and be able to create unique, content to capture an audience
- Demonstrated experience in headline writing and ability to produce engaging content quickly
- Manage contributor relationships (work with existing contributors to vet pitches and edit posts)
- Bring in strong relationships with potential new contributors, expanding mbg’s network of diverse wellness voices
- Publish 7-10 posts a week, including contributor posts
- Work closely with the Chief Content Officer and Deputy Content Director
- Produce videos as well as social video content
- 5-7+ years editorial or branded content experience.
- Digital-first media experience
- Have a passion for excellence in editorial and a keen interest in the mindbodygreen mission
- Innovator who is always looking to stay one step ahead of industry trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to perform in a fast-paced, startup style environment, think quickly, strategically and creatively to meet short deadlines
- Experience working in a CMS
- Experience with SEO strategy, Asana, Chartbeat, Looker, and data analytics software a plus.
- Wellness enthusiast, personal passion for the topics mbg covers
- Working with an incredibly talented, smart, and ambitious team
- Opportunity for career and professional education growth
- Free access to all our online classes
- In-office yoga sessions, classes, and more
- Weekly happy hours, smoothie mornings, etc.
- Beautiful office located on the water in Dumbo