Project Manager, Digital Content and Communications
- Full Time
The Jewish Education Project seeks a full-time, Project Manager to join the marketing team as part of a friendly, trusted and forward-thinking organization. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, self-motivated excellent at time management and someone who continues to move projects forward. Moreover, this person will be collegial to people inside and outside of the organization they work for, always eager to grow, and will bring a passion for mastering new tools of the trade. This position is based in New York City and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communication.
Who We Are:
The Jewish Education Project inspires educators, clergy, principals and lay leaders with new ideas, skills and invaluable networks. Our goal is to lead our children and families to be their best selves, feel more connected to Jewish community and make the world a better place. Our organization is nationally renowned for our leadership training, creative educational experiences and expertise in relationship-building. With a focus on serving New York (the five boroughs of NYC, Westchester, and Long Island), The Jewish Education Project is 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is also engaged in a number of national initiatives supported by major foundations.
The Digital Content and Communications Manager will work collaboratively with a thoughtful and innovative team of colleagues to implement new engagement approaches that strengthen relationships with Jewish educators and their stakeholders, online and offline. This role will be point person for all aspects of communication for two well-defined initiatives and products:
- DigitalJLearning, community partnerships for professional learning in Educational Technology, supported by AVI CHAI
- Young Pioneers Award, a signature annual award that recognizes innovative leadership in Jewish education with a strong history and high visibility in the community
Additional day-to-day responsibilities include
- Production and editorial calendaring of monthly email newsletter to 15,000 subscribers
- Original Content production: weekly blogging, coaching staff and managing freelance editors, with special (through not exclusive) focus on topics related to EdTech
- Driving strategic content partnerships to strengthen our organization’s brand, as well as select subsidiary brands (especially DigitalJLearning and Young Pioneers Award)
- Manage and coordinate communication with key external stakeholders, including funders, award recipients
- Manage vendors, invoices, contracts and release forms
- Serve as in-house consultant/collaborator
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-4 years experience in Advertising, Journalism, and/or other content development experience
• Experience with some of the following: Website Drupal 8; Social Media/Ads Management Google Grants/Adwords, Buffer, Facebook Business Manager; CRM Salesforce; EMS Predictive Response; Internal Communication/Task Management Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Trello, KanBan, Google Drive; Graphic Design Adobe CC, Canva, others
• Experience training/sharing things you’ve learned about social media, email communication, etc.
• Demonstrated success managing and executing omni-channel marketing -- paid, owned and earned media -- for a vertical -- or multiple verticals • Superior writer, from technical writing to email communication, that conveys attention to detail, delights colleagues of all backgrounds and inspires action and team-building
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while making everyone around you feel uplifted
• A self-starter who is confident and calm about calling out for help when needed
• Ability to actively listen, integrate requests from multiple colleagues and external stakeholders, and responsibly call for help in a timely and responsible manner
• A vibrant, entrepreneurial spirit, with a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Retirement plan
• Commuter benefits
• Early close on Fridays for Shabbat
• Closed for most Jewish holidays
• Shortened summer hours
• Funds towards professional development
• A positive working environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and a chance to meet and work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish Education
How to Apply:
• Please include the job title in the email subject line.
• The Jewish Education Project is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.