Manager, Sales Planning
- Full Time
The Manager, Sales Planning will manage a team providing ideas and solutions to meet client expectations and proposal objectives while maintaining pricing integrity and inventory package strategy. This position requires a deep understanding of digital sales planning, an unmatched commitment to team development, strong attention to detail, and an analytical approach to digital and print media.
- Manage and mentor a team of eight planners and associate planners that are responsible for thoughtfully addressing the client’s needs and objectives during the RFP process
- Ensure team members are fully educated and fluent in Dow Jones’ suite of digital and print products, offerings, and solutions
- Develop and communicate a strong understanding of business best practices allowing you and your team to navigate pricing, packaging, and overall negotiations on a per plan basis
- Responsible for working closely with sales on integrated print and digital pricing taking into account pricing trends and historical information to accurately price Dow Jones’ complex products
- Support, train and provide feedback on existing standard operating procedures including order management, CRM, inventory management and billing
- QA and approve campaigns in order management system for approvals
- Responsible for any new hire onboarding and training within team. Contribute to new hire best practices for larger planning & pricing organization.
- Expert in Dow Jones product offering and operational capabilities
- Responsible for ad hoc projects and analytics to assist the planning director in evaluating various business opportunities
- Analyze sales data to report on financial and industry trends
- 4+ years working within an online advertising operations or agency planning team
- Experience using one or more internet ad serving system and order management systems (i.e. DFP/DSM, Operative, 24/7, Adtech, OAS, etc.) preferred
- Strong understanding of business best practices to communicate flexibility on a per plan basis
- Expert level Excel modeling experience preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and on the phone
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and highly motivated
- Strong computer applications skills (Excel, Word, Access)
- BA/BS College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com