Associate Producer, #BHeard
- Full Time
Title: Associate Producer, #BHeard
Program: Community Media, BRIC TV
Supervisor: Supervising Producer, #BHeard
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position: The Associate Producer works as part of the BRIC TV production team, assisting with editorial, production and post production. The person in this job will chiefly work on our #BHeard Town Hall live events as well as assisting in the production of #BHeard documentaries as needed.
- Pitch, book and produce segments on issues for and about Brooklyn
- Participate in team meetings to collaborate on content planning and strategy
- Support BRIC TV Managing Editor and Supervising Producer with research, writing copy, fact checking, idea generation, outreach, social media, and any other duties and projects as assigned
- Participate in post-production and release across platforms.
- Assist in packaging and distribution of digital content
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications/TV Production or a related field
- At least 3 years related production experience, including experience with studio and live production
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a team and communicate effectively about our show with potential guests in-person and over the phone
- Curious, persistent, strong interest in local politics and current events
Salary and Schedule
Full-time position with full benefits package. Some evening and weekend hours required for special events. Annual salary is $37,953.00. This is a full-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET.
How to Apply
Subject line: Associate Producer, #BHeard. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.