Head of Content Marketing
- Full Time
Skillcrush is on the hunt for a Head of Content Marketing to join our team! This is a full-time, mid-level role for someone with a strong background in content marketing strategy, content creation, and leading a team of content professionals.
As Head of Content Marketing at Skillcrush, you’ll be in charge of making sure our content attracts, engages, and informs our customers and, ultimately, increases conversions. This means you’ll craft strategy and oversee the creation, distribution, and optimization of all marketing content in close collaboration with the Director of Marketing and the content marketing team.
You’re a good fit for this role if you have a deep understanding of how to create and promote effective content and if you have experience setting and reaching content marketing goals. You should have a proven track record in developing content strategy and moving it from plan to execution. And you should believe in – and be comfortable using – data and analysis for showing the success of content performance and using it to shape strategy.
This position will require you to be familiar with (and sometimes take part in) the work of the content creation team and to effectively lead, manage, and develop them in using the right messages and methods to reach our ideal audience. You’ll need to constantly stay on top of what our audience is interested in and be able to help the team come up with relevant content that promotes our brand consistently across all channels. You should also be ready to develop thorough knowledge of all of our content assets and assist the team in identifying new content needed and ways to repurpose current content.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while contributing to our positive and supportive culture. Additional experience at a digital, product-driven, consumer company is strongly preferred but not required.
Hilary Fetter (Director of Marketing)
- Develop and manage our content marketing strategy to ensure all content meets the needs of the Skillcrush audience and helps better qualify them as prospects for our courses
- Work with the Director of Marketing to translate all marketing strategy into supporting actionable content and to collect and analyze data for evaluating content performance and making decisions based on it
- Maintain the Skillcrush brand/voice guide and make sure all content aligns with it
- Oversee the creation of all content marketing material including, but not limited to: blog posts, ultimate guides (ebooks), marketing videos, webinar scripts, advertising, partnership and content syndication program content, and other marketing campaigns.
- Manage and develop the content marketing team, including directly overseeing writers and producers
- Direct the blog workflow, including crafting editorial strategy in conjunction with the Director of Marketing, setting and enforcing editorial standards, and creating and implementing the editorial workflow
- Coordinate with the product development and design teams to ensure that all content is optimized for user experience, SEO, and conversion
- Research new trends, channels, and content marketing strategies and help the marketing team test new ideas
- Strong experience delivering results with content marketing
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates especially strong skills in content writing and editing
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute content marketing strategy
- Proven track record of leading, motivating, and mentoring a team
- Available to work a flexible range of hours that overlaps with standard business hours (9am-5pm) on US Eastern Time
- Access to a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
- Proven success in content marketing for B2C digital products and/or targeted especially towards women
- Experience with WordPress and HubSpot
- Experience working on an Agile or scrum team
- Experience working remotely with team members in different time zones
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible, remote work
- Competitive benefits package, including fully covered health insurance for you and subsidized insurance for your family
- Co-working stipend and other great perks
- Free access to all the Skillcrush classes you can eat
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunities for job growth
$70-80k, commensurate with skills and experience
Skillcrush is a rapidly growing online tech education company that offers online classes on a variety of technological topics.
At Skillcrush, we have built an open and cooperative environment. We hire who we want to work with, but also who think differently than us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we're always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin (or current home base), sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, family status, time zone, geography, musical preferences, or college football allegiances. We think a diverse team builds a better product and a better company!
Although based in New York City, the Skillcrush team is a remote company and welcomes job applicants from all over the world.
How to Apply
We want to make sure your application gets the consideration it deserves.
Please do not send your application materials or follow-ups to Skillcrush employees via email or social media.
And don't worry! We will respond to every application we get via this form. So you’ll hear from us about the position either way, as soon as we've reviewed all applicants.