Editor/writer (associate) for content marketing & thought leadership in B2B (enterprise) technology
Editorial Associate – P/T Freelance
Rare opportunity to work with some exciting, and well-funded tech startups and other organizations that are pioneering new enterprise technologies in areas such as IoT, Big Data, MarTech and Analytics. Great growth potential for someone with the right skill set.
We’re seeking a multi-faceted writer/editor/researcher who can explain complex tech concepts in engaging, Plain English, for sophisticated business (B2B) audiences.
Small shop – multiple responsibilities – so a roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done attitude is crucial. Willingness to assume a wide range of duties, from writing, editing, social media posting, and topic research, to managing design/production, scheduling, posting content (via Word Press). Among others. You’ll mainly work remotely, with occasional meetings at company or client offices. Small amount of travel possible.
Pay rate flexible and negotiable, depending on the individual.
Principal Charter for this Role
- Start small and take on increasing levels of responsibility for writing, editing, producing, refining and distributing multiple content types.
- Post, update and otherwise manage online content (articles, videos, photos, etc.)
- Manage and schedule projects with video team, graphic designer and others.
- Contribute ideas for articles, blog posts, marketing collateral, white papers.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Topic research (online; review client collateral, interview client executives, etc.)
- Some administrative and other duties that may arise necessary to the smooth, profitable functioning of the business.
Experience & Must-Haves
- High-level editorial or content marketing experience
- B2B audience focus, enterprise technology background a big plus.
- Experience with Word Press and/or other CMS.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic; entrepreneurial; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Journalism and/or PR/AR background. Experience with Cision Communications Cloud (PR & Influencer database) platform would be a nice bonus.
- Proficient with basic productivity software (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.); solid online research skills; experience with various communications platforms (Slack, Skype, etc.).
- Analytical: Data-driven, with an ability to think critically.