Food Loves Tech Event Manager
Are you interested in being a part of an annual cutting edge event, Food Loves Tech, which focuses on how technology shapes and changes the way we cultivate and consume food?
Edible Holdings seeks a Lead Event Manager to work with our experiential team for this year's Food Loves Tech event.
With live event experiences, rapidly growing social media streams, mobile-first digital channels and quarterly print titles in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, Edible is the trusted, definitive food voice for the New York Metro area.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES - This is a freelance job focused around this event. Contractor will report to head of Business Development & Experiential Initiatives with support from two other event marketing team members. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- On site lead production manager of Food Loves Tech
Responsible for management of all production elements that include but not limited to:
- all vendor/exhibitor management (AV, outfitting, etc)
- all communication with production purveyors (equipment rentals, ice, security etc)
- manage staffing and volunteers
- oversee signage and layout in consultation with graphic designer, editorial and programming team
- create and implement full production schedule
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
To knock this job out of the park, you would have these essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- You have 2+ years experience in experiential events
- You are outgoing/comfortable meeting and interfacing with vendors and high end sponsors
- You have superb organizational skills and self-motivation.
- You consume web and social media content and have a strong interest in new media communications.
- You enjoy the kind of content covered in Edible: locavore food scene, farmers markets, community gardens, artisan ingredients, small-batch booze, local food policy and a really good doughnut.
PERKS (You will enjoy all sorts of perks!):
- Work with passionate, mission-driven, food- and drink-focused partners
- A chance to be a player in the food and media world during a highly transitional time.
- Free passes for friends and family to all Edible events.