We want to change the way people share and consume media. We believe the future of media is in immersive technologies. As an end-to-end service, we develop and produce entertaining content with custom VR equipment and proprietary software, and we distribute through our platform Amaze on Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream, and Windows Mixed Reality. To position ourselves for the next phase of growth, we’re searching for a mission-oriented, creative teammate who can take our content to the next level.
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, AmazeVR is an end-to-end VR content production company with proprietary VR technology. Within five months of its debut, Amaze is the #1 ranked free app on the Oculus Store (as of September 14, 2017) and was the #1 most popular app by download across the VR industry in 2017. AmazeVR has offices in Sunnyvale, CA and in West Hollywood, CA.
Who you are:
- Excited about working at an early-stage startup with a small team, and wearing multiple hats
- Passionate about entertainment - 2-5 years experience in the entertainment industry (internships included)
- Creative and experienced across the post-production field. Expert in Adobe CC. Experienced with VFX, motion graphics, coloring, and sound design.
- Highly organized - can build systems and templates to streamline the process of handling projects at scale
- A communicator who can keep the team abreast of the process, capturing the team’s vision
- You know what real hustle looks like - resourceful in a fast-paced evolving environment and will meet tight deadlines
- A “yes… and!” person, not a “yes, but…” person
- You may or may not have VR experience - come with an open mind and we’ll teach you
- Lead editor on all free content (10x month) with an ability to quickly execute entire post-production workflow (assembly, color, graphics, sound design, etc.)
- Assist the Post Production Manager with Amaze Premium Content, primarily with the rough cut, trailer, and specific VFX/motion graphic tasks
- Help Post Production Manager develop a workflow with efficient systems and templates that other editors can easily apply
- Be a teammate in lending an editor’s eye across the entire production, from development to post
- Dog-friendly - bring your dog to work!
- Lunch, snacks, and unlimited coffee are covered
- Access to all WeWork events and amenities
- Start date: Immediate
- Hours: 10am-7pm, M-F
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
If interested, please send your resume with a brief introduction and any links to your reel/body. Look forward to learning more about you!