Marketing Analyst - Cox Media
Develops front-to-end data driven strategies that align with Cox Media Sales and Marketing’s objectives and programs to attract new customers, grow total advertising spend with existing customers and reduce overall churn though research, analysis and summary of market, sales, product and other data. Provides expertise on marketplace trends, competitive positioning, research-based sales tools and multiscreen performance based campaign metrics to drive business decisions. Translates sometimes disparate data sets into actionable insights regarding opportunities to connect Cox Media multi-product solutions and client’s marketing objectives. Provides research-based training to Sales Consultants on how to promote and position Cox Media portfolio products to drive sales and client retention.
• Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings.
• Provides high-touch research support to Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists for developing customized solutions and presentations geared towards securing advertising revenue.
• Proactively seeks out top programming (i.e. notable shows and sports) stories and works in partnership with Marketing Communications Specialist to translate into client facing material.
• Applies advanced problem-solving skills to business issues related to secondary research data including methodology, reporting parameters and disparities in data.
• Customizes research-based tools to provide reports that enable Sales to drive revenue.
• Develops and delivers research-based training for Sales, Sales Services and new hire orientation.
• Proactively collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist to perform deep dive analysis into customer segments and identify market opportunities.
• Performs marketplace analysis of media consumption habits (television and online) on a consistent basis, as well as analysis as needed on campaign performance, report lead and demand generation campaign analytics, and performance of other Cox Media marketing initiatives.
• Summarizes and communicates market research and programming information to Sales and Marketing leadership, Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists, and clients through training, sales tools, presentation templates and client facing materials.
• Proactively collaborates with Finance to perform marketplace revenue and share analysis and trending to enable Sales Leadership to evaluate market opportunities. Utilizes secondary research sources such as Kantar, economic data, SQAD, and local media intelligence.
• Proactively collaborates with Inventory to generate ratings estimates for upcoming high-profile programming opportunities in an effort to assign appropriate value for pricing.
• Prepares and presents information directly to clients on a regular basis and speaks to clients directly where applicable.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media and competitor services.
4 years experience researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field
1 year media research experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
2 years experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field.
3 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-CA-San Diego-5887 Copley Drive
Other Locations: 5887 Copley Dr,US,CA,San Diego,92111
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-08-12