Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 22957
The Crown Publishing Group is seeking a publicist with 2-3 years job experience to work on several of its nonfiction imprints that publish timely and important books in the areas of business, innovation, entrepreneurship, politics, spirituality, and religion, to name just a few. We publish inspiring voices who challenge boundaries, encourage conversation, and offer new perspectives on building lives with meaning and purpose.
* Working creatively to implement successful campaigns and author tours for hardcover and trade paperback titles through print, radio, television, and online media
* Writing press and promotional materials including pitch and galley letters, and press releases
* Developing and maintaining close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, etc.)
* Researching and seeking out new media outlets, and brainstorming creative ideas on how to best publicize titles
* Arranging special events
* Maintaining consistent and supportive contact with authors and agents, and keeping media contacts up-to-date
* Close collaboration with editorial, marketing, production, subsidiary rights and sales
* Candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years book publicity experience
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
* Must be creative, strategic thinkers, as well as assertive and persuasive
* Possess strong media relationships and knowledge of the media, marketplace and competition
* High-energy and passionate, possess exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability successfully manage multiple priorities
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.