Social media manager
HOFr is 2018’s coolest sports app—a place where everyone from sports junkies to casual fans can make predictions, win prizes, and discover who’s the best fan.
We broadcast exclusive live shows to the HOFr app on iOS and Android before the biggest football games. In the show, the HOFr host—a big name we’re excited to announce soon—challenges users to predict key events in the game. Once the game gets underway, users get real-time feedback on the success of their predictions and their leaderboard position. In one of the winning spots at the end of the game? You’re a fan worthy of respect, a few drinks from your buddies—and a cash prize from us.
Following a highly successful trial this summer, we’re preparing for a full launch for the NFL season in September. We’re now seeking an experienced social media editor to run our editorial output across key social channels and to drive downloads of the app during the season. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing our output on key social channels, including some or all of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Engaging with the community of HOFr users on these channels.
- Working with the HOFr team to develop our editorial and growth strategies for these channels.
- Developing and maintaining collaborations with key social media influencers.
- Tracking the key metrics we use to evaluate the success of our social media operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one year’s experience of social media publishing, including use of key analytical tools and techniques.
- An intuitive sense of the factors that make content go viral on social media.
- An intense interest in football.
- The ability to create highly engaging multimedia content on tight deadlines.
If you’re excited by the chance to get in on the ground floor of a project that is building a new kind of sports app, and to work with an experienced team of tech entrepreneurs, we encourage you to apply.
HOFr is a remote organization with staff in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Geneva. We offer competitive compensation. Note the position you are applying for in the subject line and include the following:
- Conversational cover letter. Please include two to three ideas for social media content that you would use to build a community of HOFr users.