Freelance Associate Producer/Booker
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Launched on July 17th 2013, i24NEWS is the international TV news channel, part of ALTICE MEDIA Group, broadcasting 24/7 from the heart of the Middle East in Tel Aviv, Israel and in New York City, in 3 languages: English, French and Arabic. i24NEWS uses state-of-art technologies reaching its global audience on the web and in all kinds of communication devices, including smartphones, internet, tablets, twitter and facebook. The channel reports on politics, defense, international affairs, economics, sport, technology, art, music, cinematography, fashion, style and much more. Diverse programming genre, such as news shows, analysis of experts, talk shows, magazines, public affairs broadcasting etc. provides an open and updated news reporting. Mission & Values i24NEWS mission is to cover the latest international news from a new perspective.
i24NEWS is looking for a freelance associate producer to assist in the development and production of international and domestic television news by writing and formatting scripts, assisting in the booking of guests and coordinating program elements for all i24NEWS platforms including social media in the U.S. The ideal candidate will write clear, accurate copy with sources checked and on a strict deadline. Write to video and other graphic elements. Act as producer as necessary. The associate producer will also assist staff producers with booking guests and coordinating their appearances by facilitating pick up to and from studios. The associate producer will maintain familiarity with domestic and international current events, important issues and newsmakers. Other responsibilities will be to monitor i24NEWS content and maintain familiarity with it on a continuing basis. Take part in editorial process and propose stories to be covered. Work accurately under pressure. Coordinate with studio, graphics, assignment desk, field crews and other colleagues. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of one-year of broadcast journalism experience.
- Experience with iNEWS preferred.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
- Competence in broadcast news writing.
- Must have knowledge of and interest in national and world news with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
- Must have experience with booking newsmakers and headliners in a variety of fields including: politics, world affairs, health, sports, tech, and medicine.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.