Senior Director, Marketing- NBC Sports Washington
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Bachelor's Degree or higher.
The Sr. Director of Marketing of marketing will be the executive in charge of brand activation and fan engagement for NBC Sports Washington, the NBC Sports Regional Network serving the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore region. NBC Sports Washington is the official sports network of the NHL’s Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards, and NFL’s Washington Redskins.
The Sr. Director of Marketing will partner with Regional Sports Networks and NBC Sports Marketing leadership teams in Stamford, CT to align on priorities and strategic marketing initiatives. The Sr. Director of Marketing will oversee brand management, on-air promotion strategy, advertising, branded content initiatives, digital and performance marketing, social media, membership program, events/sponsorships and promotions. The Sr. Director of Marketing will also collaborate with Monumental Sports Network to help identify marketing and community opportunities to grow both networks. The position reports directly to the General Manager of NBC Sports Washington.
· Lead NBC Sports Washington’s marketing team in developing and delivering strategic marketing plans to meet brand objectives
· Manage brand strategy/planning, on-air promotion strategy, advertising, branded content initiatives, digital and performance marketing, social media, membership program, events/sponsorships and promotions
· Drive marketing integration to ensure consistency in messaging
· Lead marketing partnerships with Washington Wizards (NBA), Washington Capitals (NHL) and Washington Redskins (NFL)
· Manage planning and logistics for community relations and special events and on-site activation
· Collaborate with ad sales, distribution, content departments to support network monetization, ratings, and content distribution
· Leverage data and consumer insights to analyze effectiveness of campaigns against original performance goals
· Develop and manage the marketing budget
Minimum of 7 years' marketing related experience, including 3 years' management experience
Deep understanding of digital and experiential marketing including effective placement of paid, earned, and owned media assets and grassroots consumer engagement tactics
Experienced in working with a creative team to produce a premium design aesthetic and impactful content
Experienced with digital/mobile/social channels - creating engaging content and deploying assets native to these channels
Excellent business/thought leadership
Creative thinker who also loves making decisions with data.
And of course, multi-tasking, prioritization, problem-solving, communication, relationship building/collaboration, etc
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD
Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays when necessary
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Ad Agency experience
Passion for Washington D.C. sport teams
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.