Associate Vice President, Product Operations
- Full Time
The AVP, Product Operations will report directly to the VP, New Product Innovation (NPI) of Cox Automotive, driving the next phase of Product’s strategic evolution by establishing an Operations Department. The AVP, Product Operations has responsibility for creating and implementing strategies within a broad number of areas impacting an organization of 500+ team members. Strategies developed by this role will enable the Product organization to deliver value to our clients as we serve the mission to transform the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars.
By focusing on an array of functions that must now become more aligned across Cox Automotive, this role will be responsible for areas such as talent acquisition and retention, centralized communications, strengthened product disciplines, and establishing and maintaining practices that support productive and efficient delivery of product to our clients.
This position will also be responsible for the maturation and excellence of many disciplines within the Product organization, as well as acts as a critical driver for alignment and consistency.
The ideal candidate will combine a vision of a high performing Product organization, a strong program management capability, and an extensive background in leading organizations to create and deliver programs that result in improved operational excellence for the Product organization across all of Cox Automotive.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Partner with the VP, NPI, as well as Product leaders, to develop critical operational initiatives
- Partner with Product leaders and operational leaders across solution groups in order to execute on the critical initiatives
- Ensure operational consistency where it makes sense across
- Create a data-driven culture with respect to productivity and outcomes
- Develop KPIs which help to demonstrate initiative outcomes and Product progress
- Partner with the Agile Delivery team to execute on the vision of an aligned, agile organization.
- Partner with HRBP/HR to create, manage, and report on operating metrics
- Partner with communications to convey the Product mission and vision and develop overall communications strategy for Product leadership
- Stay current on leading edge Product practices across the software development industry
- Manage Product-level planning exercises
- Lead resources that will be aligned to key activities in overall product operations
- Develop appropriate metrics/BUR reporting for the CPO
- Lead team delivering overall Product reporting mechanism for Cox Automotive
- Survey and follow up on organization change effectiveness, implement changes as needed
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or relevant Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience, at least 5 years managing operational execution in a large scale organization
- Deep understanding of technology industry trends, emerging technologies, and product development best practices
- Strong experience managing large-scale programs
- Working ability to set project schedules and deliverables, manage budgets and contracts.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of the interactive product development process
- Experience managing and guiding senior leadership via influence
- Must possess an ability to build key business relationships, and contribute to the emerging innovation culture across Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Executive
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing